Saturday, October 4, 2008

Surprise

Well this weekend has probably been one of the best weekends that i've had since I've been back to school. While at the same time, this previous week has probably been one of the worst weeks I've had since I've been back to school. So, this week pretty much sucked just because of some stupid stuff, and so needless to say I was really lookin forward to this weekend, especially because it was going to be my first game since I've been injured. So Friday turned out to be good because we beat Great Lakes College 10-0. Yeah, you heard me right, 10-0. So that turned out to be a good game. Today I was a little more worried just because Grace College has been known to be a very physical team. For example, last year we played them and they broke Mike Worley's nose. So we were all being very cautious, because the last thing we need right now is more injuries considering that we have like 3 guys who are out for the season already. But it all turned out good in the end, we won 7-1. But what made the game even better was that my family flew in and surprised me to come to my game. It made me so happy to see both of my parents and both of my sisters. After the game we went out and got Giordano's pizza (best in Chicago) and then walked around a bit. Then they are flying back tonight (thank you flight benefits), they just got a taxi and are on their way to the airport.

So that was pretty much the highlight of my week. I actually didn't want them to leave, and it made me kinda miss home a bit (i know surprise, right). I mean its been a rough week, so I kinda wish we had more time to spend together, but I was just thankful that they were able to come today. It was awesome.

Ok, well there are a couple other things that I just thought of that I could write a whole other post on, so I don't wanna prolong this one any longer. So I'll end it here and write a couple separate posts.

All is well that ends well

1 comment:

Tonya said...

What a great game! It reminded me and your Dad of high school days with the COUGARS. Of course, you know your Mother will never be the silent cheerleader in the stands. What can I say - I have the greatest kids to cheer for!! Life is sometimes hard and doesn't seem fair - but thank goodness that there are days like this weekend when we can be together as a family! Because that makes life here on earth worth it! Thank you Lord! Love you Josh! Keep looking up or Satan will get you down!