Thursday, October 2, 2008

Ethnic Lit.

I'm taking this class this semester called Ethnic Literature. I have to take a literature credit so I decided to go ahead and get it out of the way, and it sounded like an interesting class, and luckily enough I'm in it with one of my best friends Nate Nearpass, so that has been good. To be honest I've learned alot American history so far. Our first section of literature was Native American literature, and I never knew how ignorant I was to Native American history and culture. What made it better was that we have a Native American girl in our class and so it was really helpful to hear from her about her heritage and her family. I think the biggest thing I learned from the Native American section of the class was how much the Natives feel like they've gotten alot taken from them, which seems to be true. It seems that the whites just came in and took over. Its very interesting to learn about this, and I would suggest that if you do not know much about this to start to learn more about it, it is very helpful.

All the way from Joe's,
Josh

No comments: