Monday, October 27, 2008

family night

This weekend was good and relaxing. Always love those relaxing weekends, although I was thinking about this 12 page paper that I had to write for Systematic Theology but I got that done, so no longer thinking about it. Although I did learn some very valuable things pertaining to what Arminians believe and how it differs from Calvinism. It was good stuff. I'll blog about it sometime this week. But first lets get to the fun stuff.

Friday night we had what we called a "Family Night." Me, Nate, "Benji", Emily, and Brooke. We got Benji on skype video and we played a game called "Celebrity" with him. It was a blast. We took some pics, check them out on my facebook profile. They're pretty good. It was almost just like having Benji back. It was great. So we played a couple games in Brooke and Emily's apartment and then just relaxed and ate some popcorn and oreos. It was great to just relax. I really wish I just had an apartment. Just to be able to lay on the couch and watch tv and not have to worry about rules or getting in trouble for watching a movie or anything. Its just great. Maybe one day. Well, hopefully one day. I mean, I'm gonna graduate eventually, and I hope I don't end up living in my parent's house for the rest of my life. LOL.

Then Saturday night was men's open house. Now, if you know me, you know that I loathe open house with a passion. I just really don't see the point in it at all. At least casual open houses, because the girls just come over and sit in our room and its just really awkward most of the time. But last night was a formal open house which means that our floor was supposed to plan something to do. So made a slip 'n slide in our hallway. At first I thought it was gonna be really lame, and I wasn't looking forward to it at all. But once it got started, I got interested. The slip 'n slide was directly outside my room, so I just opened the door and watched people fling their bodies down the hall on this plastic wrap covered in water and baby shampoo. It was pretty funny. The night ended with a bang, when one girl from a sister floor tried to surf the slip 'n slide and ended up getting her feet knocked out from under her and banging her head on the floor really hard. She had to go to the ER. So needless to say she was the last person to do the slip 'n slide, but luckily there were some really good slides before that. Again, check out some pics on my facebook profile, but here is a sample.

So overall it was a good weekend. I ended getting about half my paper done by Sunday and then on Sunday I finished up the other half. So not too shabby.

This was just a small update from the weekend. I have some actual legitimate thoughts to blog about, but again, it is late at night, and it would take me alot longer to blog about those then it would to just give a quick update. So I figure, a quick update is better than no update, right?

ok, peace to all...have a good monday, or as good as it can be.

No comments: