Monday, October 6, 2008

paranoia

In the midst of the craziness of this week, and my parents visiting and such, my best friend and roommate, Nathan Nearpass was diagnosed with strep and mono at the same time. I know right, crazy. The bad thing is, he had already had mono for a week before he found out what was wrong. So me and Kyle Isabelli (our roommate) have been basking in the glory of mono and strep for at least a week and we didn't even know it. Now I'm not taking anything away from Nate because I have the deepest sympathy for him right now as he's at home and can barely talk, I'm just saying that I just hope that me or Kyle doesn't get it next considering Nate is not allowed to play soccer for pretty much the rest of the season, which sucks. I mean, I can't imagine having to be out for the rest of the season because a physical illness, and not an actual injury of any sort, that must be the worst.

On top of that there has been someone on campus who has been diagnosed with the dreaded MRSA (or as we say it mersa). Don't ask me what it stands for because I don't know. All I know is that I'm probably more afraid of getting this than I am strep or mono. So I'm officially paranoid, and for good reason. The symptoms of MRSA are red boils on the skin and apparently it eats away at your insides. I don't know all of the in's and out's of it, but our athletic trainer has freaked us about it enough to know that it is something I do not want to acquire. Probably the worst thing about it is that it can be retrieved just by touching something that the person with MRSA has touched.

So that is and is going to continue to be my paranoia for the next couple weeks. Anytime I itch or see any kind of red spot on me someone else I start freaking out. Maybe you should too.

peace from the ultimate immune system

No comments: