Monday, May 25, 2009

One of the Purposes of Blogging

A couple months ago I was going through a very large time of learning in my life. I was learning alot about myself, and the way I interact with those around me, especially those in the community that I live in at school. As a result, I wrote a blog post about the things I was learning, and it actually turned out to be somewhat of an apology for my past actions.

I did not publish the post immediately. I was very unsure of whether I should post such personal information on the world wide web. I talked to one of my friends about it and this is what she said (paraphrase),
"One of the purposes of a blog is to help others who might be going through the same situation. To give them some insight into your thought process, and how you came out of the situation."
It was great to have this reminder of why I write this blog. I think we (bloggers) need to be reminded of this daily. We are not always blogging for our own personal gain, but we are always blogging so that others will gain some insight or knowledge. We always need to have this in the back of our mind as we are blogging.


picture courtesy of http://www.stonebriar.org/helping-others.html