Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I Feel Sorry for the Cavaliers


So recently I have gotten interested in the NBA playoffs. In fact probably more interested than ever in past years.

Why?

Well probably because every time a new game is played I am just watching and waiting to see what amazing feat Lebron James or Kobe Bryant is going to do. What ridiculous amount of points each of them are going to score. I think it is this that has attracted me to the NBA playoffs this year. And I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of any team that is in the playoffs this year, but I will say that I would like to see a Laker vs. Cavaliers Final Series. I could care less who wins but I just think it would be a good series.

But what has caught my interest more than the playoffs in general has been how much the media has been talking about Lebron James. At first I was just hearing them talk alot about him during pre and post-game but then when I was watching a game I couldn't believe how much the commentators were talking about Lebron during the actual game. It was almost as if the rest of the team didn't exist.

And of course anyone who has watched TV in the past couple days has seen the amazing last second shot by Lebron to win the game by 1 point. This just sent it over the top. Ever since then I have not heard one name of another player on the Cav's talked about except for Lebron James. Granted he has led his team this far in the playoffs but without the rest of that team they would never be where they are right now, and it could be argued that without Lebron they would never be where they are right now. So I guess it is a two-sided coin.

But nonetheless, if I were a player on the Cav's I think I would be pretty angry for never getting any credit. But maybe the Cav's are just a team full of awesome sportsman-like guys who all understand that it is not about credit but about the team winning. Maybe...but I know deep-down those guys have to be wanting some of that spotlight.

I do know one thing, that team is gonna need alot more than just Lebron to win the game tonight against the Magic, and that was proven two days ago when they lost by 10 points. So I'm hoping the whole Cav's team shows up tonight and just blows the Magic out, but we shall see.

Is it just me here, or is there someone else out there that shares the same view, and feels sorry for the rest of the Cav's team?

No comments: