Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The iWork Suite Saved My Life


The following post is an account of how the Apple iWork Suite saved my life during the preparation and presenting of the presentation I mentioned in my previous post.

The reason I was up until 5:30am preparing this presentation is because I had to create a sport clinic, and present an outline, a budget, a brochure, and prepare a "Powerpoint" or "Keynote" with iWork. So what did I do? I went to the trust iWork suite. I used "Pages" for my outline and brochure. I used "Numbers" for my budget spreadsheet. And I used "Keynote" for my powerpoint presentation.

Let me just say that everything that I created was amazingly easy to do, and looked awesome. The reason it took me so long was because I had to come up with all the content for everything, but when it came to creating everything, it was so simple. So I was glad that I stayed up so late working on this because it was well worth it.

Here's the kicker though. When I handed out my brochures to the class, and then when I started to present my keynote I could audibly hear the "ooo's" and "awe's" from my classmates. Especially in the final slide when I created a pie chart for the budget of the clinic, and the way that I had the chart enter, and then the look of the chart was just awesome, and again I think my classmates were impressed.

So the moral of the story is, if you don't have a Mac, get one. If you have a Mac but don't own the latest iWork 09 suite and you are going to be giving some type presentation anytime soon then you should definitely invest in the iWork 09 suite. Even having "Pages" just writing papers is worth it. I use Pages as my exclusive word processor now, and I have left Microsoft Word in the dust.

Anybody else use Apple iWork? What is your opinion on it? Was your experience as positive as mine?

No comments: