Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Should I Change My Twitter Name?

I'm debating on whether or not to change my twitter name to my real name, instead of burno159. burno159 has been my screen name for everything pretty much since middle school. It started out as my AIM screen name, and ever since then I've just used it for every online service that I sign up for.

Right now I have 230 followers on twitter, which I am satisfied with, but I'm wondering if it could be more if I changed my screen name to my real name. The reason I started thinking about this is because I read a blog post "10 Reasons To Use Your Real Name As Your Twitter @Name" and it raised some good points. For example, it is alot easier for people search for you or retweet you if you use your real name. This is definitely true. It is hard for me to remember someone's name if there are numbers following the name. And there are some other great reasons.

So I throw these questions out to you...

Should I change my twitter name to my real name?

Do you use your real name, or another screen name?

No comments: