Monday, April 20, 2009

memories

Do you ever think about 30 years from now when we are floating around in our electric powered cars, and doing whatever futuristic thing you can think of, do you ever think about when we get on facebook how many tangible memories we are going to have. Or maybe they are less tangible than I think, but at least viewable memories.

At least for me, I'll be able to look back on all my pictures, and videos and just laugh and at the things that we are doing now. Specifically I was thinking about me and my roommate's video blog. I just know that I'm going to watch those videos and just laugh hysterically. Not only videos, but also pictures. Just think about the amount of pictures that we are going to as memories compared to our parents. I know for my parents they didn't take a large amount of pictures in their teen and college years. I've seen some, but not near as many as we are going to have at their age.

I mean, just think about the ridiculous amount of pictures that one can take on a single SD card. It is absolutely astounding. And in this post I've been talking about facebook specifically, but who's to say that facebook will still be around in 30 years. In fact I'll almost bet that it won't, at least in the same form that it is today. And who's to say that we will be surfing the net on these "klunky" computers that we have now. I bet in 30 years there will be ways to buy computers that can be implanted into your head, forget the device, just surf the net with your eyes.

Ok, enough futuristic technology talk. But I write all this to say, make memories now, whether it be pictures, videos, journals, and whatever else you can think of. Cause when you're 50 years old you are sure as heck gonna enjoy lookin back on these times.

1 comment:

jon24502 said...

This just blew my mind