Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Public Transportation vs. Driving


Today I learned the hard way that traveling by car is not always the easiest nor the fastest. I needed to go to a soccer store here in Chicago and I naturally thought that since I had a car on campus that I should drive there. I know how to get there on the "L" train but I figured driving would be easier, but I was drastically wrong. 

What could've taken me 45 minutes by train instead took me 90 minutes by car. Part of that was because I got directions to the wrong store and when I got there it was closed. So I drove to the one I had been to before which took longer than expected because of traffic. 

When I arrived at my destination I looked at 2 different shoes. I wanted to try on both of them but they only had one of them in my size. So I tried those and didn't like them, but I'm almost sure that I would've liked the other type but they aren't getting another shipment in until next week. 

So I returned from my trip to the soccer store somewhat disappointed. Did I mention it probably cost me a couple bucks in gas and a quarter for a parking meter. But I did learn a valuable lesson. 

Sometimes taking public transportation is easier, faster, and cheaper than driving. 

No comments: