Monday, April 20, 2009

flip-flop


Why are some people so fickle?
Maybe its just human nature.
Or maybe its just that some people don't completely think through certain decisions that they are going to make, so they commit to a decision, and then a couple months later they actually start thinking through that decision and realize that "Oh, that is probably not the best decision to make."

Don't get me wrong, I think its great that they eventually realized what they did, but it just really gets me how many times they go back and forth on a decision. So much so, that I think eventually the decision is no longer a big deal, when in all reality it is a big deal.

If people actually thought through things before acting on their instincts I think alot of trouble could be avoided.
Then again, in other situations if people acted more on their instincts then trouble could be avoided also.

I think people need to have discernment as to how to react in certain situations and decisions, and that is when you will learn the most.

3 comments:

Vee ! said...

I suppose you learn how to discern these kinds of things through trial-and-error. I've burned people and have been burned by this sort of thing in the past. Somewhat regrettable, but at least I learned from it.

nearpass87 said...

yes discernment is huge. i think people (me) base a lot of decisions off of how they are feeling. (fear, loneliness, discontentment) so much so that are swayed easily day by day. discernment comes when we can judge situations with truth and wisdom appart from out immediate emotional state, and since people are usually focus on the here and now that is difficult for them (me)

Josh Burns said...

yes, i think discernment is key. and like Vee, at least there is an upside to making a mistake, and that is learning from it.