Monday, March 16, 2009

literally microblogging

The other day an opportunity presented itself for me to promote twitter to one of my friends. I seized this opportunity considering that hardly any of my friends see the purpose in, or even know what twitter is.

My friend, Jon Looy has a blog that he updates somewhat regularly and it is mostly just different events and happenings in his life, something that probably wouldn't interest someone who doesn't personalize know him, but I enjoy keeping updated on what he's doing.

The other day he made a post and this is what it said in it's entirety,
"I vacuumed the house today. I feel like a woman."

I read that and I just laughed. Just because I know him, and I can see him saying that. But I used this opportunity to comment on this post and tell him how funny it was to read that, but I told him that is the purpose of twitter, a "microblog." And that is all I said about it.

Ya know, its just nice sometimes to give a little plug to twitter, especially since its becoming more and more mainstream, and more people are tweeting.

Therefore I will end this post by using this opportunity to plug twitter and my personal twitter http://twitter.com/burno159

Are you on twitter? If so, what is your twitter handle? If you aren't on twitter, you should check it out.

No comments: