Thursday, March 12, 2009

blogging and singing

This post is going to include a short tip about blogging. This tip may seem kinda obvious, but I just get reminded of obvious things sometimes that at times aren't so obvious to me.

The other day I was sitting in my room in between classes and my friend Josh Jalandoon (a.k.a. Jollypop) walked in with his guitar and asked if he could play for a bit. I happily said yes because I needed to just relax and I love to listen to Josh play and sing. After a couple minutes he then asked me if he could play a song that he had just written, and of course I said yes.

It was a great song about Jesus' love for us, and how even when we sin he still loves us.

After he was done playing the song I just sat there and then thanked him because it was what I needed. He said that he just got this inspiration earlier that day to write that song, so he had to skip his Greek class to write it.

There are many times when thoughts enter my mind that I think would be great to blog about later, but I fail to write those thoughts down somewhere, and then when it comes time to blog I can't remember those thoughts for the life of me.

So one thing that I am learning and I would advise you to take heed to if you are blogging is to simply jot down a couple sentences about thoughts that come to mind, so that you can remember your general thought when you sit down to type out a blog post. Or if the thought is just too good even only write a couple sentences about you may want to sit down right then and there and just write or type the whole blog post. But either way you shouldn't let those thoughts run away from you because you will regret it later.

No comments: