Tuesday, March 10, 2009

a good reminder

I had a great talk today with a good friend of mine who is also a mother of a good friend of mine. We talked about various different things, but one topic of discussion was the church that I visited this past weekend called Crosspoint Church. Out of this conversation spawned a conversation about media in the church.

Some of you know that I have many ideas about media in the church and how it should be used. I have a burden to implement these ideas in my home church. But something I was thinking about after that conversation took place today was that this burden was not so that I could be recognized or looked at for the things that I am doing in the church, but so that the church could become better at outreaching to those around it, and eventually bring glory to God through this.

I have never said that I want to be recognized for things that I do or am going to do in media in the church, but I have never said that I don't want to be recognized either.

Today I just realized the importance of giving all of the glory to God for the things we do for/in the church. All of these media ideas that I have, that I would like to implement in the church should all come with purpose of glorifying God, and they all do, but I think I need to think more consciously about this purpose.

Just a good reminder

No comments: