Friday, January 30, 2009

the hoodie bandit

This past week has been an interesting one, alot of stuff has been happening. Some stuff good, some stuff not bad, but I mean not good at the same time. So I'll just give you a short rundown of this week and then I want to elaborate on a certain a funny event that happened.

Monday was my first night back to PCM at youth group at Calvary Community Church and it was great to be back with the kids. I helped lead a small group which was good. One thing I realized during this small group time was how poor my small group leading skills really are. Maybe it was just an off-night, and I think it depends on who I am co-leading the group with, but for the guy who also led (Gary Stachulla) it was just so natural for him, and he had me jump in on one of the group questions, and it was just downhill. I think it also has alot to do with the leader preparation as well. We had not prepared anything together, therefore I wasn't really sure where he was taking the discussion alot of times so it was difficult for me to jump in because I didn't want to take it in a completely different direction. But it was interesting.

Also throughout the week I have done alot of work as a TA (Teacher's Assistant) for Coach Dunn (The Sports Ministry Chair), so that has been good, and I'm actually starting to enjoy going into the office everyday as I'm starting to get more and more comfortable and close to Coach Dunn.

Ok, so now for the funny story of the week. It is really more confusing and weird than it is funny, but it's somewhat humorous at the same time. So a couple weeks ago I was walking through the SDR (Student Dining Room) and I saw this girl wearing a "Vertical" hoodie (Vertical is the name of my youth group from back home and she was wearing one of our hoodies). The funny thing was that I've never seen this girl in my life, and I was wondering how she got a hold of one of those hoodies, but it was one of the older ones so I just thought she might've gone to my youth group before I got into high school.

So then on Wednesday morning I have a class called Romans at 8am. I walk into class and I see this same girl wearing my Senior Class hoodie (ya know, like the hoodie that your whole senior class signs and it has your graduation year on it and such). So now I'm really freaked out. I spent the rest of the class distracted by the question of how the heck did she get this sweatshirt and why is she wearing it? LOL.

Keep in mind, I've never seen this girl in my life. So I lean over to my friend sitting next to me and ask her if she knows who the girl is. She said her name was Bethany (nope wasn't ringin any bells). I leave the class confused, yet amused.

I walk into chapel and the first thing someone says to me is, "Josh, do you know a Bethany Baxter?" I immediately respond, "Was she wearing my senior class hoodie?" She then goes on to tell me that she was sitting behind this girl in class and saw my name on the back of her sweatshirt. "Nope I don't know her. I don't have any clue how she got a hold of that sweatshirt."

A minute later I texted my friend, Heidi Summers because I thought she would think it was weird and amusing. So I explained to her the situation and what made it even funnier was that she was looking for that hoodie that morning and couldn't find it. LOL.

I still don't know who this girl is, or how she got these hoodies, and I mean I'd like to find out sometime, so maybe I'll ask her sometime.

OR

Bethany Baxter, if you are reading this post, please leave a comment or email me or SOMETHING, just tell me how you got those sweatshirts, cause its kinda starting to creep me out. The Vertical sweatshirt was kinda understandable...but my senior class hoodie? Really? I mean, I know for a fact that you did not graduate in my class, so just an answer would be nice.

LOL

That was halfway serious.

So that's my funny story for the week. Don't worry though it wasn't all fun and games this week. The fun was balanced out with an awesome headache that I've had for 3 days straight now. So that's been pretty awesome (please recognize the sarcasm in that statement).

Anyways, feedback please. What would you do in this situation? I mean I guess most people would just straight up ask her...I just feel kinda weird.

maybe hoodies are worth alot of money these days on the black market

No comments: