Wednesday, January 21, 2009

don't stop reading yet

Well, thanks to a new blog (ChurchCrunch) that I just became interested in the post today is going to be about what type of internet video services I use and why. For those of you uninterested in this type of thing, before you close this page without reading let me explain what an internet video service is. A video service is a service that one uses to either upload videos, stream live video, some examples of this would be youtube, ustream, blip, and stickam just to name a few.

Personally I have used a couple different uploading services in the past. I have videos on blip, but more currently I am using youtube just because everyone is familiar with it and pretty much knows how to use it, therefore more views of my videos is more likely. I started using blip for more of a niche video channel, and the play looks a little more clean cut than youtube, but overall I've realized that blip is somewhat slower, and again it is less familiar to people, and anything unfamiliar is less likely to be visited more than once.

As far as streaming live video goes, I always use Ustream. I discovered Ustream I guess about 2 years ago, and at first I just used it to watch other people's shows. It wasn't until the past year and half that I started streaming video myself. Then when I discovered CamTwist I just got addicted to streaming live video of myself. CamTwist is a program that allows you to do special effects to video as well as add text and a bunch of other cool stuff that makes your video look like a real live television show.

I use Ustream because it was the first live streaming site that I discovered and so I just ran with it. Stickam also does live video, but I've never even tried that. Ustream works great for me, so I just stick with it.

What video services do you use?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sweet! thanks for participating. you spelled the blog name wrong...!

teehee!