Monday, January 26, 2009

dozing and nodding

Today was the most I've struggled to stay awake in any of my classes so far this semester. This morning in Romans at 8am was the worst. I was nodding, and dozing the whole time.

But there is something that I realized this morning. Its crazy how much of a difference it makes if the professor has a monotone voice or an interesting voice. In my 8am my professor has a really monotone voice and doesn't really make the class that interesting, and I could barely stay awake. Then I was really worried about my next class which was Acts at 9am. But interestingly enough it was with a professor who does make the class interesting and has jokes and doesn't use a monotone voice the whole time, and I was awake as ever.

I think it also helped that we were talking about an interesting topic, the Holy Spirit and the gift of tongues. So I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to stay awake and actually pay attention during that class. But now I am done with classes for the day and my next event is lunch at 11:40, so I'm definitely going to take a nap (one of my favorite past times for those who didn't know).

So good day so far.

You all have trouble staying awake in class? Or if not class then at your job?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At work, sometimes I do get tired, I mean staring at a screen for 7 hours does get old sometimes, but I make sure to alternate between sitting and standing at my desk, which is kinda adjustable, so standing helps alot.