Friday, January 23, 2009

home is where the heart is

So much to write about, but don't want to overwhelm you with a wealth of posts. I got a phone call on Wednesday saying that my Grandma had just gone into the hospital with serious heart problems and that they had to make a choice to either do open heart surgery or just let it go. Either way my mom said that I should come home to see her. My Grandma decided to have the open heart surgery so that is happening on Monday, but the chances of it not going as planned are pretty high. So realizing the seriousness of the situation I flew home today after classes and I am flying back to Chicago on Sunday.

Needless to say this is going to be a whirlwind of weekend, but I am glad to get to see my Grandma, and I pray that God will have His will in her life and with the surgery on Monday. I would also appreciate it if you could pray the in the same way.

So I saw her tonight, and she looks ok, but her heart is pretty messed up. She's got incoming valve that is blocked and then one outgoing valve that is like torn so blood is spilling into her lungs. I will spare you the technical terms, but as you can tell it is not a good situation at all.

On a lighter note, it is good to be home with the family, despite the circumstances. My aunt and uncle from New York came down today, so me and my parents had dinner with them tonight which was good. I had a good conversation with my uncle about ministry and life. That will be my next post, I'm still processing it. So family time is good no matter what the circumstances.

It is also good to lay in my bed again. So with that I will leave you for now. Thanks again for your prayers, we really appreciate them. I'll keep you updated, seeing as this is updates in my life. LOL.

later

No comments: