Tuesday, November 11, 2008

quick to answer

There are so many thoughts that come into my head throughout the day that I immediately then think, "Hmm, I should blog about that" and then I almost immediately forget it. LOL. Sometimes I write them down, like this morning in Syst. Theo. But most of the time, I just tell myself that I'm going to remember, and then end up getting to my room and forgetting everything. My roommate is listening to Christmas music right now, I know right, ridiculous, but what ya gonna do. Anyways, so since I can't remember any other thoughts I've had today, I'll write about the one that I remembered to write down.

This morning in Systematic Theology 1 my professor Dr. Weber was talking about the Hypostatic Union. Then a fellow classmate raised his hand and asked a question about whether God will be in the form of a human when we get to heaven? Dr. Weber immediately answered by saying that he cannot tell us what we are going to see in heaven, but it does say that "the blessed shall see God." And he proceeded to give the Scripture reference for this verse. It made me think about how much training and work he has gone through to get to where he is today. How much knowledge he has about the Bible, and about God. I made a note as soon as he quoted this verse, the note said, "Dr. Weber is like a human concordance, someone asks a question about seeing God in heaven, and he pulls out a verse about "the blessed will see God." Crazy." It just really got me thinking about how knowledgeable this man is, to be able to receive a question from a student and without even flinching in a couple seconds give a very good and thought out answer along with a Scripture reference.

I'm just comparing my professor to myself, in that, if someone were to ask me a question like that, even if I did know that verse, and even if I did have an answer to the question, it still would take me a while to think about the question, give an answer, and come up with a verse to give to that person to think about.

Just a thought I had during class, and thought it would make a good post. Like I said, I had several other thoughts today that I thought would make good posts, but I can't seem to remember what they were. Maybe I'll remember them tomorrow while I'm sitting in class.

its all good

No comments: