Wednesday, November 26, 2008

LANing it up

Just an update from this past week/weekend. It was amazing to say the least. Turns out that half of my classes were cancelled last week from Tuesday to Friday, meaning that I only had 2 classes the rest of the week, so I just decided to skip, and fly home on Tuesday. So the following is what I did last week while I was home.

I slept in till at least 2pm everyday, which was awesome. I haven't gotten to sleep in in who knows how long. So I caught up on some sleep, and then spent most of my evenings at Jared's new apartment. It has been good to get to spend some time with him. We have been really good friends for a while and it is just good to get together and talk about life, and the things we have in common, being technology. One of these nights I got to watch the movie Wall-E on blu-ray, and it looked amazing. I think that was my first time watching a blu-ray movie on an HDTV and I just can't get over how great it looks.

Friday we had a LAN party at Jared's which was fun, and it was the best one that I've been to in a while. We actually got the network up and running and played some AOE (Age of Empires for those of you who are not up on your gaming lingo). And yes, I did play a game of AOE, I sucked it up, but it was fun to get to play. The night went by pretty fast actually. Before I knew it, it was 4am and I was still as energetic as ever. I ended the night by watching "I am Legend" on blu-ray and then went to bed at 6:30am and woke up at 3:30pm. So it was a blast. Check out my facebook profile for some pics from the LAN party and such.

We then had a family game night which was fun. We played one of my favorites, "Cranium" and it was fun to just have fun with the whole family, parents, aunts and uncles, cousins, and grandparents. Haven't had that in a long time. Then went to church on Sunday morning and had an amazing lunch at Olive Garden, and then flew back to Chicago.

Now, I bet you're asking yourself, Why did Josh fly back to Chicago for only 2 days?" Or maybe you're not asking yourself that question, but let me answer it for you because if you weren't, at least now you are asking it. I was scheduled to have a Systematic Theology Exam on Wednesday morning and then I was planning on flying back home later that day. So that was one of the only reasons that I went back. But I get to my Syst. Theo class on Monday morning and my professor decides to move the exam to next week, so then I really had no point in coming back to Chicago. So needless to say, I flew back home last night meaning that I was in Chicago for almost a whole 48 hours before I came back home. But its nice to get back home.

So that was just an update from last week. I know, nothing too interesting, but just felt like I should give an update from the LAN party, so be lookin for those pics.

LAN (Local Area Network) (Yeah I know, I'm a nerd)

1 comment:

Murdering Muses said...

Are you telling me you actually know people who don't know what LAN and AOE stand for? Common, I've got to be worse than you at AOE, but every male under 30 should at least know what it stands for...