Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Look Back On The Decade

This year has contained many personal changes in my own life as you can see my previous post. But I just wanted to highlight a few more changes that have taken place, not only in this past year, but also in this decade. So fasten your seat belts...

I will start out with stuff that has happened in this decade in my life, and then move to things in 2009.

(O yeah, and that picture has nothing to do with post, I just thought it was funny)

Well I started high school in 2002 at Calvary Christian School. High school was an interesting experience overall, but a very positive one I think. Now that I think of it, I made alot of crucial decisions in high school.


  • I kind of decided to change the people I spent the most time with. I realized that my friends in middle school did not exactly have the best influence on me, and that I needed to surround myself with friends who could help me grow spiritually. 

  • My freshman year was when I really started to get involved in the church, and I realized the importance of that. 

  • My sophomore year I made the decision that I was going to go to a Bible College. And for those of you who know my plans after college, I absolutely do not regret this college decision. I have learned alot at Moody Bible Institute and if I had not chosen to go there then God would not have led me to where I am today and my plans after college. 
  • In 2006 I graduated from Calvary Christian School. 
The past 3 years since then I have consisted of my college career at Moody Bible Institute, and alot has happened in those 3 years.

  • In fall 2006 I started my degree of Sports Ministry at Moody Bible Institute. I was sure that God had called me to the foreign mission field full-time. 
  • In 2008 my passion and burden for church media began rising within me. 
  • In spring 2009 I got accepted to do my sports ministry internship with On Goal soccer camps. 
  • Also in spring 2009 I wrote a proposal and outline of things that needed to change in my home church's media department. On June 3 I met with my Pastor to discuss this proposal and future changes. That same day he offered me a job for the summer as the church's media consultant. This was also the day before I was supposed to start my internship with the soccer camp. 
  • Thankfully it all worked out and I ended taking the job at my church for the summer. Through this I learned a ton about the church, and alot that happens behind the scenes, and this helped to confirm that I believe that God is calling me into full-time church media work. 
  • Now I am about to begin my last semester of my college career and I will be embarking on finding a job, and living life on my own. I'm looking forward to graduating that is for sure. 
So just in case you all aren't bored yet with reading about me, I was going to go through some personal changes that have happened in 2009, but I think this is enough.
O yeah, one other sidenote, I have been single for almost a year and a half, and I have also learned alot through that experience.

So I hope that you all have had a great decade and a great year. And I hope that you have enjoyed reading this blog. There will be lots more to come in the next year and in the next ten years.

What changes have taken place in your life this year and this decade?

No comments: