Sunday, December 13, 2009

Doubts Are Good?

Do you ever have doubts?
Doubts about what you are doing?
Doubts about what you are planning on doing in the future?
Doubts that what you are doing is actually making a difference?
Doubts that what you are doing is actually having an impact on someone's life?

More after the jump...

Sometimes I have these doubts.
Some of you may know that I have decided to pursue a different career field than what I had originally planned on when I started college. I have been evaluating that decision to make sure that my motives are pure, and that it is what God wants me to do. I have been asking myself these questions, and it has been really beneficial.
Sometimes one just assumes that doubting has a negative connotation, but sometimes it is the exact opposite. Doubting in this situation has actually caused me to somewhat solidify my decision, and for right now I do believe that what I have chosen to do has the capability of making a difference. Now I must examine it even further to ensure that it is making a difference, and if it isn't then how can I cause it to make a difference? These are the next questions that I will be thinking about.

So a word of encouragement, if you are having doubts about something, don't let them affect you in a negative way. Instead seek to answer the questions that you are asking, and chances are your doubts will be erased, hopefully for the positive.

1 comment:

TRB said...

Optimism is a good thing JKB! Going to God with your doubts is time well spent! You are a wise man. Life is certainly a journey and along the way, doubts will come. When they are aligned with God's way and His thinking - peace will reside.