Tuesday, December 22, 2009

2009 = Change (No Not Obama)

2009 has been a year of change in my personal life, and no, Obama has not been the cause of this change.

In a year's time I have changed the career direction in my life from doing sports ministry to doing church media.

More after the jump...

No longer am I planning on doing sports as a full-time vocation in ministry. Of course the keyword in that sentence is "planning." As I have found out this past year, God can change His plans whenever He wants and sometimes those plans may not be our plans.

Another change in my life in 2009 has been the act of reading.
Up until the beginning of this year I have loathed reading books. In fact, I would go so far as to say that before this year I hadn't read a whole book since sophomore year of high school (yes you heard me right, it has been about 5 years).

Then one of my friends made a bet with me, that I couldn't read a whole book in one month. There were no stipulations behind the bet, so I don't know why I took it so seriously, but I did nonetheless. Believe it or not, I finished the book "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan in the month of January, and since that time I have read 4 books in their entirety. A feat that I never thought I would complete in my lifetime. You can find the whole list of books I have read here: http://goodreads.com/jburno

As a consequence, I have actually come to like reading books, and I have learned so much from the books I have read (imagine that).

I don't want to overwhelm you with the length of this post, so I think I'll split it up into multiple parts.

Look for more changes in the coming posts.

What changes have taken place in your life in 2009?

No comments: