Monday, September 28, 2009

Bathroom Stalls & Ministry Signs

So I spent most of my time yesterday at my church here in Chicago, Park Community Church because I was volunteering on the tech team and I worked for all 3 services.

So I was sitting in one of the bathroom stalls at Park doing my business and I hung my hoodie on the coat hook and sat down. When I looked up I saw a 8 1/2x11 sign for a ministry at Park for people who are just starting out in their faith journey, and I thought to myself "Hmm, thats a good idea, to put up signs about different ministries." But not only is it a good idea, but they were very intentional about it. So intentional that they moved the coat hook to the right side of the door so that they could put a sign directly in the middle. Most coat hooks on stall doors are directly in the middle, but people at Park had planned on putting those signs up so they moved the coat hooks.

Here is a nice little picture I took, cause I knew I was going to write a blog post about this as soon as I saw it.

I know you are probably thinking that this is a ridiculous thing to be writing about, but if you think about it, it is the small things that just put something over the top. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that we should choose a church based on its convenience, or cultural relevance, or branding, but it is a small thing like that that makes people realize how intentional a church is about investing into people's lives and transforming their lives with its ministries.

Maybe you think I'm completely off on this one, but I don't think I am.

If you think I am, let me know.

2 comments:

josh coy said...

absolutely agree.

Anonymous said...

They put signs above urinals, so why not in the stalls.