Monday, September 21, 2009

Uplifting and Encouraging

If you asked me today how my weekend was, you probably got a response like "It was the most bum weekend ever!" which means that I did absolutely nothing, and I laid around the room all weekend, except to go to church.

To be completely honest I was a bit depressed this weekend. Well...maybe "depressed" is a strong word, but usually a lazy weekend is a great weekend, but not this weekend. This time "lazy" was equivalent to being very unmotivated to do any work whatsoever. This led to me being in a state of almost depression. (Don't worry, I'm not going to do anything rash)

So anyways, that was my weekend, but now let me get to the meat of this post.

So my weekend was not the greatest, but God knew that I needed some encouraging and lifting up, especially because I had a class at 7:30am on Monday morning and Lord knows I did not want to go to that class with everything that was within me.

So here's what happened:

I ran into my good friend and neighbor Josh Jalandoon on my way to breakfast which was great.
My good friend Josh Puckett was at breakfast when I got there, so I got to eat breakfast with him, which was great.
On my way to class I ran into again my good friend Josh Jalandoon, which was great.
After class on my way to my room once again I ran into my good friend Josh Jalandoon...which was great.

To sum up my morning, it was great, except for the fact that I had class, but everything else outweighed the tiredness of class.

Moral of the story is...God cares for you and knows what you need at all times, whether or not you feel like He cares.

1 comment:

nearpass87 said...

i wish that i could have a cup full of jalandoon in the morning.