Tuesday, February 10, 2009

motivation

One thing I have realized over the past couple days is that I have been very unmotivated to do any type of work whatsoever for the past week or so. Today I realized something else. One of the reasons for my unmotivation is that I have not worked out or ran at all for a little over a week.

Today it has been around 60 degrees all day here in Chicago. It is a huge change from the weather that we have had over recently. So I knew that I absolutely had to do some type of physical activity today or else I would be screwed. So I decided to go for a run outside, which is unusual for me. Usually I run inside on a treadmill because I am able to keep track of my time and distance, but today I just said "forget it" and I went running along the beach. I don't know how far I ran, but all i know is that it felt good.

After I returned from my run, I realized that my thoughts were more positive toward the work that I had to do, and I am just more motivated to do things now. It is weird how aerobic activity and working out can have that much of an effect on me mentally. I don't think this is universal for everyone, but I know it is for me. After working out I just have this strong sense of accomplishment, and I am completely refreshed.

I think the weather has alot to do with it as well. Living here in Chicago in the winter is one of the most depressing things I have ever gone through in my life, and it especially had a big effect on me this year because of all the junk I've had to deal with. So for us to have 60 degree weather here in Chicago has helped me alot in having positive thoughts and such.

So I wanna challenge you all to get out and something today, walk, run, something. It doesn't even have to be outside, but doing some type of physical activity helps, I promise.

o yeah, and I wore sandals today!

No comments: